Monday, July 23, 2012

Finding Solace


This Hymn is one of my favorites, right next to Come Thou Fount, and Come, Come Ye Saints. This Hymn has had special meaning to me in times of great trial, it is a song reminding us that even when times are tough, we are never truly alone or helpless. I discovered this hymn in high school, I felt rejected, like I had no friends or anything... before all my high school friends get up in arms, realize this you guys were always out partying and having a great time asking each other to dances, yet you excluded me, Whether or not this was intentional I dunno but, I was never asked to go to a girls choice dance or even asked to be in a dance group or even asked to just come hangout with you guys, but its no longer important.

I heard this hymn in seminary I realized then that I was wasn't alone, the lord truly was on my side and that I didn't have to worry any more even if I felt like life was out to get me I knew the lord loved me and would get me through that time in my life, and he truly did, I made it out of high school and into college, where every weekend was a new adventure and I always had friends who made the effort to include me

No comments:

Post a Comment