Friday, July 27, 2012

Du Maste Finnas (You have to be there)

This song comes from the Swedish Opera Kristina Fran Duvemala it is a song of a woman questioning her faith in god... She had lost her child at childbirth... She and her husband have been fighting, and she wonders "is there a god?" She sings if there is no god where can I turn? the more she sings the mre she realises that god has to be there, at the end she sings "Du Maste Finnas, Du Maste, Hur kan du då överge mig? Jag vore ingenstans. Jag vore ingenting om du inte fanns" Translation "You have to be there,you have to, How can you abandon me? I would be nowhere, I would be nothing if you weren't there"


This is where you go back and read my post "the Unprofitable Servant"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is very interesting. Over 20 years ago your dad introduced me to Les Miserables, just as it was starting to get popular. And now you are introducing me to other great opera. Thank you, Elder Johnson.

    ReplyDelete